Welcome To The Thriving Lady
Hi! I’m Malika!
I started The Thriving Lady in 2018 to empower Christian women to become financially savvy, purpose-minded, and faith-filled change agents in their own lives and for their circles of influence.
Can You Relate To This?
- Your finances are out of control. You want to save for a house, pay off debt, be more generous. But, despite making good money, you are living paycheck to paycheck.
- You often feel like there’s not enough time in the day. You constantly feel unproductive and lack work-life balance.
- You’ve been working in the career that you went to school for, the one you thought would make you happy. Instead, you are burned out and ready to quit.
- You sometimes feel emotionally unstable, struggling with anxiety and depression. Shame keeps you from seeking help.
- You aren’t sure what God wants to do with you or what path He wants you to take.
If you can relate to even one of these statements then you are not alone. I’ve been there and am still working through some of these things as I join you on this journey. I am not here just to give you tips and advice, but to walk with you.
A Scarcity Mindset
I grew up in a single parent household with a mother who worked very hard to ensure I had everything I need. Still, I was very aware that my mother struggled to keep us afloat financially.
This lead to a fear and scarcity mentality in my relationship with money that followed me into my adult life.
Through trial and error, I’ve learned how to manage money responsibly. In 2018, I let go of my fears surrounding money and paid off all of my debt!
I plan to share my tips, tricks, and advice for becoming the financially savvy woman you were meant to be!
Purpose and Career Aligned
I used to believe that it was more important to simply have a “good job” than to actually love what you do. This way of thinking led to lots of poor career decisions, settling, and burnout.
Now, I am on a path towards discovering my how to turn my passions into a career, and how to align my career with my purpose.
Purpose is different things to different people. Whether your goal is to go from sales associate to district manager, or to start your own crafting business…you can achieve it!
I want help you to discover your talents and use them to fulfill your purpose!
Faith and Life Are Not Mutually Exclusive
I developed a relationship with God in my early 20s that has sustained me through many trials, including my mother’s death in 2008.
I used to think that my Christian life was separate from my Monday through Saturday life, and that God wasn’t concerned about unimportant things like my career choices, relationships, diet, and exercise.
I realize now that my relationship with God is what allows me to thrive in all of those areas. Without Him, I have no foundation.
Together, we’ll discover how the love of God propels us forward in every area of life!
More Fun Facts About Me
- I was born and raised in Atlanta, GA and I still live here! I love it!
- I gave my life to Christ at age 21!
- I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), and have been practicing since 2009.
- My dream job was to work for the FBI as a Profiler. The show Criminal Minds was my inspiration!
- I have a sister who is 25 years younger than me! I could be her mother!
- I am a Pescetarian. I’ve been meat-free since 2010!
- I’ve also been natural since 2010! I love natural hair!
- I am a minimalist-in-progress!
Get In Touch!
Feel free to reach out!
Get password access to the Resource Library for printables, worksheets, and spreadsheets that will elevate your life! You’ll also receive the Weekly Newsletter, full of encouragement, advice, and subscriber-only content.